Looking for Longleaf Seedlings?
November 2, 2023
Planting season is upon us! The Longleaf Alliance knows that some folks are still looking for longleaf pine seedlings for this season’s projects. We also know that nurseries, consultants, and tree planters often have some inventory unexpectedly available. We’d like to help connect these folks!
Starting Friday, November 3rd, TLA will create a Facebook post for seedling needs and surplus inventory. Anyone looking for seedlings or anyone with extra seedlings can comment on the post to try to find a match.
A few notes on how this will work:
- The post will be “pinned” to the top of the TLA Facebook page for easy access throughout the planting season.
- The Facebook post will be public so anyone can view the content, but only Facebook users will be able to post a comment. If you’d like TLA to post a comment on your behalf, submit your information at longleafalliance.org/ contact.
- When commenting, always include your location and preferred method of contact.
- Don’t forget important seedling details like quantity, lift date, and seed source.
- Once a successful match is made, please update your comment! The goal is to keep the post/thread as up to date as possible.
- This thread will be used primarily for longleaf pine seedlings, but we also hope to connect folks to groundcover plugs as well!
Seedling inventory is always difficult the closer we get to planting season. This is why The Longleaf Alliance recommends early planning and ordering (as early as March) as nurseries often sell out of preferred seed sources by early summer. The Longleaf Alliance works with many nursery partners across the Southeast, including longleaf pine and native plant growers.
Check out our interactive map of nursery partners!